1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Acme Low B4

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PhatBoi5, Feb 9, 2001.

1. I am about to dump my 212 and 215 set up for 2 Low B4 cabs. Could some tell me any pros and cons about these cabs. I LOVE the low end(provided by my Aguilar 359), and I live on the low B. Will this cab disappiont me???

2. Rockinjc

Rockinjc

Dec 17, 1999
    Michigan
    From their site http://www.aguilaramp.com/html/359.html , I notice that this would make a decent *PREAMP* for the Acme's. I am an Acme B2 fan and owner. I love what they do for me, BUT everything people say about these things being power hungry is true. May I suggest a QSC in the range of a couple thousand watts? Still not the rig of choice for competing with Marshall stacks.

From your post and your profile, I can't really tell what kink of music you are into, but if you goal is to be just plain loud you might be disappointed. When fed properly, they have super low-end response and the rest of the spectrum sounds great as well.

A happy B2 owner,
    jc