Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Acme Low B4

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PhatBoi5, Feb 9, 2001.

1. I am about to dump my 212 and 215 set up for 2 Low B4 cabs. Could some tell me any pros and cons about these cabs. I LOVE the low end(provided by my Aguilar 359), and I live on the low B. Will this cab disappiont me???

2. Rockinjc

Rockinjc

Dec 17, 1999
    Michigan
    From their site http://www.aguilaramp.com/html/359.html , I notice that this would make a decent *PREAMP* for the Acme's. I am an Acme B2 fan and owner. I love what they do for me, BUT everything people say about these things being power hungry is true. May I suggest a QSC in the range of a couple thousand watts? Still not the rig of choice for competing with Marshall stacks.

From your post and your profile, I can't really tell what kink of music you are into, but if you goal is to be just plain loud you might be disappointed. When fed properly, they have super low-end response and the rest of the spectrum sounds great as well.

A happy B2 owner,
    jc