acme question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by worldwidepants, Mar 12, 2002.

1. is 400 watts enough to run a 210 acme cab? I was considering running 2-210's stereo.
  2. Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan Fellow Conspirator Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2001
    Plano, TX
    It really depends on what type of volume you're after. If you aren't playing at very high volume levels, 400w should be fine. I had two Low B2 cabs that I ran with 400w each at 4 ohms. They sounded absolutely fantastic until I started playing with a couple of guitar players that were running some serious Mesa Boogie gear. With a sensativity of 93db the Acmes just weren't capable of putting out the volume that I felt I needed. I went back to a really efficient 4x10 and 2x10.
    For more mellow stuff that doesn't require a lot of stage volume or if your running through a good PA, 400w should be fine. It depends on what you think is best.
  3. that's kind of a bummer. Maybe I should upgrade to a bigger power amp. I think I will be ok for a time though. My hafler power amp seems slightly underated.
  4. Also check out Euphonic Audio cabs. They also go for that hi-fi, flat sound and are much more efficient. The efficiency of the 1x10 and 1x12 is 103db @ 1W/1M. That means they can reach the same volume as the B-2 with 1/10 the power.
  5. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    I have a SVT3-Pro that is rated 425 into four ohms,
    and when I tried it with one of my left
    a little to be desired IMHO.