Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

acne

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by big daddy cool, May 4, 2002.

1. I did have mild acne for a couple of years on my back and I didn't bother to do anything about it, but now I am on ethromycin and it has nearly cleared up. I'm just being left with scar tissue where it was.

My first question is whether anyone knows how long it might take for the scar tissue to ever heal, assuming it ever will. Months? Years?

The second is whether you ever had acne and your experiences with it. How you got rid of it etc. Cheers.

2. i had acne in high school, it went away by itself freshman year of college, merci a dieu.

your sig is much too big.

3. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    I have a little bit on the lower-right side of my chin....it hasn't gone away yet.

4. I'm 19, and I still get it occasionally on my face, but even then it's usually around my hairline, so it's no big deal. I get it a lot on my upper back and chest though, and sometimes shoulders. It's out of sight most of the time, so I usually just ignore it. I'll wash it of course, but that's it. It'll go away on it's own.

5. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I hate acne. I have it kinda bad on my back and upperchest. A little bit on my arms. I have it on my chin, under my chin, and along my jawline. I think it is the major reason I don't get the women. Other than that,

*fat bastard voice on*
    "I'm dead sexy"
    *fat bastard voice off"

Nick

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I agree!

7. Unfortunately, the scars left by acne may never go away. However, if the scars really bother you, you can always opt for laser surgury. It's a little costly but, the results are really good. I'd advise you to talk to a dermatologist to get all the facts and options.

8. Hmmm...
    I don't really have any problems with it. I do, however, have a friend who calls himself "Oily Boy" because of his large acne problem.

Anyone who has a "different" remedy and cares to share it, lemme know and I'll pass it on to him. :p

9. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    drink lots of water to flush out your system. when you're pissing out clear urine at the end of the day, you're clean and this assists in ridding all the bad stuff that adds to the excess oil on your skin - i know it works, because a friend of mine drinks 3 litres of H2O a day and he's bloody well spotless.

it's a hard regime to stick to, though.

10. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Three litres? You DO see him outside of the bathroom right? :D

11. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    well, now that you mention it, no ... but taking into account that he's been without a girlfriend for just over a year now, i'd hazard a guess that it's for an entirely different reason :eek:

"i'm, uh, i'm reading! GO AWAY!" :D

12. My friend has it real bad, his face is all scarred up and red, but I got lucky, cause I my face is always free of acne.

My friend drinks at least 5 water bottles a day, but thats to clear his system for something else...:D

13. I don't get it. :confused:

14. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    For something else or of something else? Both are probably disgusting...;)

15. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I think he might be talking about flushing the pot (or other stuff) out of his system. I could be wrong.

16. You, Sir, are correct

17. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    YAY!!!!!

I feel so smart.

:D

18. i used to have it real bad back in junior high. Nowadays I still have some, but its not as bad as in junior high. Alot of my acne, however, was caused by stress. Now that I'm much more care-free these days I'm sure that contributed it to going down.

I heard about drinking alot of water helps, but i thought it was a myth. I guess I'll try that to get rid of some exisiting acne.

19. also, never underestimate the power of direct sunlight.

20. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

*ToBeS*, I hear that you've been without a girlfriend for a while, too.;)