1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Acoustic 118 (price)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by GeneralElectric, Sep 14, 2008.

1. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I have the opportunity to buy an acoustic 118 bass combo for the grand total of $150. Looks to be in good shape and according to the seller barely used.

Was looking for any more info on this amp and if its a good price.

Thanks. :)

2. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    Based on the limited description, Im not sure what you're looking at - but - go to this site where there's lot of information, forums etc. - you can probably find some of what your looking for. IMO, even if it has issues, the price is right. Look here---acoustic.homeunix.net--- :cool:

3. bottomend!

bottomend!

Oct 23, 2007
    here
    I have a 118 ( sorta on loan at the moment but whatever...) and it's a nice little amp but I found it to be a little too big for small stuff (physically) and not quite big enough for larger stuff (mid sized gigs). It's not the most versatile amp tonally but it has a good basic Acoustic sound. I've recorded with it and it works very nice for getting some air into my sound. To me, $150 is a little high unless it's in really good shape.

4. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I'd basically be using this as a bedroom practice amp/night stand.

I'm just looking for something that sounds good, won't break, and isn't too terribly expensive.

The amp is a bit dusty, but still pretty new looking.

5. bottomend!

bottomend!

Oct 23, 2007
    here
    It'll work prefect for you. It's the perfect height for a clock radio to sit on. Offer him a hundred bucks, let him talk you up to $125 and call it a deal.