1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Acoustic 140 amp and Laney 4x10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Quadzilla, Feb 27, 2002.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I just bought a rig with a Acoustic 140 amp and Laney 4x10 (late model) cab (killer deal I think for $225). Can anybody tell me anything about the these good or bad (are Acoustic 140 amps nice? What about Laney cabs, nice or crap?). It was just so damn cheap I had to do it!!
    Here is some pics.
    Link to Acoutic 140 and Laney Pics

Quad

2. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    That looks like a great deal if everything is in working order. Shipping may bite you on the butt a bit though :D

Acoustic's are/used to be a reputable name in bass amplification. (Dare I say it), Jaco used 'em to great effect and many say that they were a very integral part of his sound... Granted, he generally used an Acoustic 360 through a myriad of cabinets, (18" folded horns, 4X15 cabs)... Be sure to let us know how you like it!

-robert

3. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Question:

The thing has 2 channels. If the cabinet has 2 inputs, should I run one channels to each (or just run one channel to one input only)?

THanks!!!