Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Acoustic 15" Cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by slam, Jul 17, 2002.

1. slam

slam Guest

Mar 22, 2000
    Virginia
    I just bought an Acoustic 15" bass cab the other day for $20, the model number is ca-115 (I think). The speaker is mounted in a round surround that is grey colored and kinda looks like foam, but it is really hard and doesnt feel like foam at all. I have never seen another speaker mounted like this. The guy said it was bought new about 10 years ago, I thought Acoustic had gone out of business by then.

The cab sounds pretty good. It will fart out if you play really hard though. I mainly bought it to stick in a practice room so I won't have to lug an amp to practice.

There doesnt seem to be anything on the web about this cab. Does anyoine know anything about it, like wattage handling, frequency range or sensitivity?

2. slam

slam Guest

Mar 22, 2000
    Virginia
    bump

3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Well, it seems like you've figured out its limits already.

For frequency response...guess on 50 (or 60 or 70) to 2000 Hz... Doesn't really matter if it sounds good and for that price the fact that it works is a big bonus...

If the speaker was made my Eminence you could probably find out the specs from them...if you're lucky...or ask Vetchking@aol.com. George seems to know a lot about Acoustic gear