1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Acoustic 220 and 2*15" cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Filip, Aug 8, 2003.

1. Filip

Filip

Feb 13, 2003
    Sweden, Uppsala
    Hi!

My friend got a acoustic 220 with a acoustic 2 x 15" cabinett. I wounder what is a resonable price for them?

Thanks
    Filip

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Well...you can watch eBay auctions to see what closing prices go for.

I just checked on www.musicgoround.com. No 220s at this time, but I'd say in the US the pair would go for $300 to $400 US.

Since used gear seems to be a lot more expensive in Sweden, it would be worth more...

3. fcoda

fcoda

Jan 23, 2002
    Nanuet,NY
    I would be interested in what they are worth also - I have an old 220 and 2x15 that I don't use it much anymore . I did replace the 15s with a pair of EV 15s sometime back .

4. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    I've attached a picture from the 1978 Acoustic Catalog showing the 220 head with two different 2x15 cabs.

The cabinet on the right (taller one) is a model 406 which is ported at the front. The cabinet on the left is a model 402 which is a front loaded reflex type of cabinet.

The 406 was the heavy duty version of the two. It has a higher power rating than the 402. Which one are we discussing here?

I personally owned a 220 head and 406 cabinet back in the late 70's and early 80's. I haven't seen another 406 Acoustic cabinet since the day I traded mine in. I would love to find another one along with a 220 bass head.
    Cheers,

5. Filip

Filip

Feb 13, 2003
    Sweden, Uppsala
    its the 406!

6. rumblethump

rumblethump Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2000
    Pioneer CA. 95666
    I saw an ad yesterday, Lowdown Bass? Exact same set up $550. This is a dealers price. I would say $400 from a private party would be about right.

7. I have a cab but the smaller one. The model # says 215. I got it for 10$, It sounded like !@#$ it turned out someone had rewired it out of phase. I loede it with JBL E140 drivers and put on a new grill cloth. It Kicks but with my Sunn 300T.
    Peace Benton