Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Acoustic 220 footswitch

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by LeftyLB70P, Jul 28, 2005.

1. LeftyLB70P

LeftyLB70P

May 4, 2005
    Athens, Ga.
    I just bought an Acoustic 220 :hyper:
    I am wondering about the input jack for the footswitch, is it a 1/4" jack or the proprietary one they used? The 230 in the manual that I found has the square 1, but the pictures of the guts on the 220 (which is the only thing that I could find) made it appear that there were 5 quarter inch jacks 1-spkr 1-ext spkr, 1-pre-amp out, 1-power amp in, & 1 footswitch (i am guessing here).

Oh, this amp was made in '81. I believe that probably matters (but I am guessing)

Any input please.
    Thanks

2. gwreid

gwreid

Apr 8, 2005
    Utah
    That's a great amp. If yours is in good shape you'll love it... despite the weight!!!

Mine has a regular quarter inch jack with an on/off foot switch and it operates the graphic equalizer. I've had my 220 since new in about 1978 and never used the footswitch, I always leave the GE on. Mine didn't come with a switch but at some point our keyboard player gave me one.

Good luck. G.

3. LeftyLB70P

LeftyLB70P

May 4, 2005
    Athens, Ga.
    Awesome!
    Thanks, I was a little worried b/c I read somewhere that if the proprietary switch had not been engaged, you couldn't use the graphic E.Q.

I just bought a 120 a month or so ago and liked it so much that I picked htis one up. I am really excited to get it and put it on a stage :bassist:

thanks!!