Acoustic 220 with BN410 and BN115

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by monorady, Jul 24, 2018.

1. monorady

monorady

Jul 24, 2018
    Hello all,

I am currently in the market for a bass rig and see a beautifully priced Acoustic 220 lingering on GC. Now I've heard that everyone who owns this amp saying it pushes WAY more power than it is rated at, but I still wonder if it will be able to effectively drive both a 4x10 and a 1x15 simultaneously.

I would most likely be running the 220 at 4ohms, and the BN410 is rated at 800w at 8ohms and the BN115 at 500w at 8ohms. I am interested in these cabs because of 1) their prices (used $200 each) 2) they are also Acoustic (aesthetics) and 3) they're not heavy as balls.

I AM pretty new to this whole amp thing and have no idea if trying to run this head through these cabs will be either efficient or practical. It is worth mentioning that I will be playing at high volumes for doom/stoner rock and various other metal and punk projects.

Thanks in advance!

2. lug

lug Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    You'd be right on the edge of "maybe" at best.

3. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

Welcome to Talk Bass. :)

Do a search on the subject of pairing a 1x15 and a 4x10. If you need two boxes then two 4x10s of two 1x15s are a better way to go. Identical cabs always work well together. Differing not so much. If you are thinking that the 15 will produce more lows that’s a myth discounted long ago.

If you are playing loud make sure you wear ear protection. I detest my hearing aids with a passion!!

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021