Acoustic 301=LOUD!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fast slapper, Apr 17, 2002.

1. fast slapper

fast slapper

Dec 11, 2001
    Fresno, CA
    :) This thing is LOUD!

For about a year and a half I've wanted my own cab. My birthday came and went. Didn't get nothing. About a month later (today) it came to my front door. I was so freaken surprised that it was for me! For only $300.00 , I think it's a great value.

To bad there not around anymore. After using Epifani and Bergantino (my brother's cab), didn't think I'd like the classic sound. Much louder than Epif 2x12 and Berg 2x10 put together!

No point to this post, just felt like telling somebody.

One more thing, Bass Northwest kicks ass!
  2. Lovin Bass

Lovin Bass

Feb 8, 2002
    Los Angeles
    How big is that thing? How much does it weigh?
    I saw a couple for sale recently in my local paper but don't know anything about them. What is the speaker configuration and ratings (power/impedance).
    Thank You.
  3. gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    18" folded horn cab (about the same size and weight of an Ampeg 8x10)
    Comes on big wheels with a heavy-duty handle
    It was the mate to the Acoustic 370 head, and was set to handle at least 300W @ 4ohms
  4. Is that the self-powered model that you're supposed to use the 360 (?) preamp with?
  5. Rickenbackerman

Apr 17, 2001
    Laurel MD
    nah, that's the 361. I think the 301 is the same thing, just without the power amp.
    Big acoustics are badass!
  6. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    The 301 is something like 48 by 25 by 18. Slightly smaller and lighter than an SVT-810.

Claimed weight was 150 lbs but it had kick back castors and handles so it's pretty easy to move around.

I've owned both the 301 and a 361 and dimensionally they're identical...the 361 weighed more due to the amp in the bottom.

They're not too loud up close but the focus further out where they're really loud!!!