1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Acoustic 360/361 Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Pilehead, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Pilehead

Pilehead

Apr 13, 2009
    Is it possible to use both the head and the cab separately with other heads/cabs?

2. mccartneyman

mccartneyman

Dec 22, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Managing Editor, Bass Guitars Editor, MusicGearReview.com
    The 360 "head" is a preamp only. The power amp is built in to the bottom of the cabinet. You can use the cabs with another preamp and the preamp with other powered cabs. I've never done that simply because the combination sounded so good.

The 371 had the amp in the "head" and just the speaker in the cab. IMHO, the 370 series doesn't sound as good as the 360 despite the addition of a graphic EQ.

3. svtb15

svtb15

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig
    In the past i used the top preamp into my crown amp.. And the preamp did sound great by the way.. wish i could find one...

I have also used the poweramp 361 cabinet with my alembic preamp on top many years ago..

so the answer to your question is YES.. they can be used separately with different preamps for the cabinet .. the 360 head would need a poweramp to run a cab with since it is only a preamp itself.