1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Acoustic 370

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Introvox, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Introvox

Introvox

May 21, 2001
    Ontario, Canada
    I have a chance at a 70's Acoustic 370

Needs to be cleaned up but in good working order.

What's a fair price to pay for it?

Introvox

2. I just picked up one last monday for $200 and I think I would have paid more had the seller wanted. Great tone!

3. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    theres one on ebay right now with 4 days left at $300, how much in repairs will it need?

4. woody357

woody357 Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2005
    Hold at $200, because depending where you live it may be hard to find someone to work on it, but if you get it e-mail me and I'll send you the matics to it.

5. DblG

DblG

Apr 27, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Introvox, I don't know if it's the same one you looked at, but there is one currently in the classified in my local paper and they are asking $350. Didn't call on it or see it, or even know if it's still available. But if you're close to me & interested, PM me and I'll look it up again and give you the #.

gg

6. emblymouse

emblymouse Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    Lakland Artist Endorser
    There are collectors for all things Acoustic out there, but my experience is to the general public I wouldn't expect much more than $150-$200 if it's cosmetically decent.
    I've got a mid 70's 370 and I'm glad that my local music store wouldn't even give me $25 in trade for it. I totally used it throughout the 80's without any problems except needing a new AC cord and a replacement on/off switch.
    I recently dusted it off and BaBOOM! It's large and in charge! We B keepin' her.
    I ran across someone parting one out and they wanted $75 for a set of the 6 EQ slider knobs. Go figure.

7. woody357

woody357 Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2005
    Hey I need some of those sliders, if you run across some at a better price hollar.

8. BIGG O)))

BIGG O)))

May 8, 2006
    sounds like great price to me. Someone has just paid around £550 for one on ebay. But, us limeys don't have much chance of picking up old acoustic gear.

If anyone in the uk is reading this and has some acoustic stuff for sale let me know!!!

9. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Should have asked them how much they wanted for 5 since that's all you need;) Correct parts for vintage instruments and amps are like that. If you're trying to restore your 370 to 100% it might not be a bad deal because you can't find white slider knobs anywhere...

I used to have a couple 370s and whenever I'd travel on business, I'd seek out the small little old music stores and see if they had any old Acoustic knobs...got a lot of weird looks when I asked but some folks knew what I was looking for (but unfortunately didn't have anything).

I ended up buying these for about $100. Neither one worked, but I needed the knobs for one of my working amps. Later sold them individually (still not working) for a tidy profit:D