Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Acoustic 404

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by forfenderjazz, Jan 27, 2006.

1. forfenderjazz

forfenderjazz

Jan 22, 2006
    Has anyone here had experience with the Acoustic 404? I am considering going with two of the 404 (4 ohm-15inch eminence) cabs for my Ampeg V-4. What kind of performance do you think I'd be getting? A good choice or not? I usually play smaller venues for 100-200 people. Thanks, Roy

2. atk305

atk305

Jun 15, 2010
    San Antonio TX
    I've got one (an Acoustic 404 single 15"). My father is a guitar player and he used it for over 10 years on stage along with his PA speakers. He used to use this in club gigs, outdoor shows, you name it, it was there. Now I've got it and it is still kicking. I drive it with a Carvin R1000. The speaker doesn't want to handle a LOT of bass volume (it buzzes a bit when rehearsing with a band) but its great for practicing with on my own.

Attached Files:

3. ronforhomes

ronforhomes

Mar 5, 2016
    I have an Acoustic 404 cabinet that I bought in the early 1970s. It is not a cabinet with 6 10" speakers (as someone stated above), it has 6 12" speakers and they were medium duty. You couldn't really use it as a powerful stand-alone bass cabinet. I used to combine it with my acoustic 370 cabinet, which had an 18" in a folded horn. I used the 404 cabinet mainly for the mid to higher end and I used to use it with an old JBL crossover, to stop the big lows from getting in there. The stock speakers were somewhat cheap, so they really couldn't handle the big lows like the 18" speaker could. It should not be thought of as a more powerful version of a modern 4 10" cabinet, which it does not really compare to. I would say that it's mainly for non-bass applications, although it could work with some sort of cross-over circuit.

Attached Files:

4. FourBanger

FourBanger

Sep 2, 2012
    SE Como
    Three posts and average of five years apart. Love it. Lets hear what OP decided!

5. That is unlikely since the OP was last seen here ten years ago.