Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Acoustic 450/470

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Selta, Sep 7, 2002.

1. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Hello. I was wondering if anyone out there has or currently owns one of these and if so, can you tell me about it/them. I can get the 470 (I believe) for $200, and I just want to know if it's worth that, what are they like and general opinion on them. Thanks!
    Ray

2. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Take a look a this site... www.acoustic360.com

I seem to remember that the 450/470 was a guitar amp?:confused:

3. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    It's designed for guitar and bass, look on Harmony central. I've looked at MANY reviews for it, but I was hoping to get some from here as well...

4. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Also, how many watts is it? Anyone know FOR SURE? I've seen 170w and 300w. I dunno who to believe AHHHH

5. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I still have my 470 I bought more than twentyfive years ago....great amp! I don't remember the wattage.....but it's LOUD!

6. MiniMic

MiniMic

Sep 29, 2001
    Syracuse NY
    Hi,
    I am new to this forum...I owned 4 Acoustic Bass Amps thru out the 1970's all great amps. A 134 Combo, 136 Combo, 450 Head and Acoustic 470 Head. I kick myself once in a while for selling it over 20 years ago. I recall that the 470 head is for Guitar or Bass. Because it has 2 channels, one with reverb and channel switching.
    I think the 450 and 470 were 170 watts at 4 ohms. The 450 was strictly a bass amp with one channel and NO reverb:)

7. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Ok, what ones are 300 W and made in the 80's then?

8. MiniMic

MiniMic

Sep 29, 2001
    Syracuse NY
    I am pretty sure that you are remembering the 370 Head. That amp was rated at 300+ watts.

9. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Thanks....I hope this thing kicks as much as I hear. I hear they're not excatly clean (5% or so dist.) but is that really all that bad? Thanks...

10. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    My 470 at 170 watts is easily louder than my SWR sm400...........weird:confused:

11. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Wow! But, why is that? 170W vs. 400W, is the current world wattage a lower-rate wattage than that of past? haha, or is it that they're just built so good? But, if the 170W is that loud, how loud is my 300 gonna be? Like, will I be heard over a Marshall full? Thanks...jerry, do you have any messaging software?