Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Acoustic 450 footswitch

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by taha, Nov 17, 2003.

1. taha

taha

Nov 11, 2002
    Hi,

Does anyone know what kind of footswitch would work with Acoustic Model 450 to control the distortion and aux volume?

Thanks.

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I'll have to look at my amp when I get home tonight...

3. BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    The Aux Volume is a control to adjust the input level of an auxiliary source (like a tape player). It's not a boost circuit, so I doubt that it's footswitchable. But I never really looked at it.

4. BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I quickly pulled my amp apart. The footswitch jack is a stereo 1/4 in. jack. I had to quit and tend to family matters before I got a chance to figure out what two things are being switched.

I'll try tomorrow...

If you want to play with yours (so to speak:D ) insert a stereo plug into the footswitch jack, turn up the distortion control and alternate shorting the tip and ring to ground (sleeve) and see which one disables the distortion.

The jack is kind of hidden behind a panel in my amp so I couldn't see the wiring clearly. I don't even know if two circuits are connected to the jack.