Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Acoustic 450 head Sunn 2x15

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fenderaholic, May 26, 2005.

1. fenderaholic

fenderaholic

May 25, 2005
    Burbank ca
    hello

i want to no if that is a good setup i can get both for $125 this is going to be my first bass amp. i am playing throught a roland cube 30 guitar amp now. a ya the cab has what the owner called ' radio shack bass speakers' im sure this stuff is work more then 125 but all the reviews i have read have stated these amps were from the 70's. might this stuff crap out on my or did acoustic make reliable gear.

eric

2. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Only $125!? Go for it, but make sure theres nothing wrong with the amp or cab. These rigs were some of the best of their time.

3. Dell

Dell

Apr 7, 2005
    I'd buy a sunn 2x15 for that price :)
    Make sure its all ok though, that is a cheap price for that plus a head.

4. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    Acoustic stuff was built like a tank. Good deal, you can upgrade the "radio shack" speakers.

5. protoz

protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Iowa
    If you don't buy that sunn 2x15 send me the info I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

6. Mel Monihan

Mel Monihan

Mar 30, 2004
    I had an Acoustic 470 in the mid 70's.This was essentially the same amp except it had two channels and it was billed as a guitar/bass amp.That amp was 170 watts in the days when that was alot of power, and if is still in good working condition, it is a deal.
    I read on this forum somewhere that someone had a sunn 2x15 cabinet that had 2 JBL D-145 bass speakers in it, and he absolutely loved it.I think that either the head or the cabinet would probably be a pretty good deal at $125, let alone the two of them.As always, let your ears do the walking, and if you're not comfortable in your own judgement yet, bring someone you trust.Sounds like a deal to me though. Good luck.