1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Acoustic 450 + Sansamp Classic

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by vpos, Oct 4, 2009.

1. vpos

vpos

Oct 4, 2009
    Hey everyone. I'm running an Acoustic 450 through an Ampeg Classic 810. My issue is that I'm trying to replicate the punchiness of the Classic SVT, but using a Tech 21 Sansamp Classic (mainly to try and get that tone). I know this can be done, but I'm having trouble figuring it out. Does anyone have any idea what my EQ/Tone knobs on the Acoustic should be set at, as well as any hints as to how I could use the Sansamp to get the roundness? I've looked at the manual and whatnot, and it only took me so far.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I've tried a lot of Sansamp stuff and have never been satisfied with any of it until I tried the VT Bass pedal. If you want a pseudo-SVT rig, ditch the Sansamp Classic and get a VT. The Classic is more of a guitar pedal anyway. But the VT nails classic Ampeg tones like no other non-tube device I've ever heard. Pedal of the future.

3. X Ray

X Ray

Aug 31, 2009
    I keep seeing your raving posts about this pedal, and you're making me want to pull the trigger on one! Stop it! :D

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Hey, at least I'm not raving about a pedal that costs $1000.

5. Charles Fields

Charles Fields

Mar 30, 2009
    That it Jimmy i got's to get one!