1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Acoustic 6x10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Limlam, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Limlam

Limlam

Jun 9, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    I went to a music store in austin the other day and saw two 6x10 cabs, the brand was called 'acoustic' ive never heard it before but they were like 300 bucks each thats insanley cheap for a bass cab, and obviously they aint gonna be amazing, but for that money its ridiculous, as i need a cab to keep me going until i get my two emperor 4x12's

anyone own one of these or played one etc?????

2. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    Do a search in the amps forum for acoustic gear. There's a lot of info out there.

3. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Those were guitar cab's by the way ...

4. Yeah thats what I thought..Gtr cabs. Acoustic- AFAIK.. made 15"s mainly & a few 18"s IIRC

5. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
  6. Lewis7789

Lewis7789

Sep 17, 2004
    Akron, Ohio USA
    Sales; ClearSonic Mfg.
    Didn't Jaco use two Acoutsic head/amps set up?

7. towsonbassist

towsonbassist

Oct 15, 2006
    Yea. He had an Accoustic 360 and 2 acoustic 1x15 cabs. Acoustic amps are amazing. Id die for one. The cabs are usually pretty damn good.

8. Limlam

Limlam

Jun 9, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Im not sure they were real acoustic cabs the wood looked kinda cheap and were definatley bass cabs though it didnt specify on the back any ohms rating or whatever, i only had a took a quick glance but im definatley gonna go back and check them out for sure even if they arent the best for 300 bucks id buy one as long as they sound half decent and dont fart on the low tones.

9. I didn't think that there were any currently produced "acoustic" amps or cabs being made. Were these cabinets used?

I know that both the "collaboration series" cabinets from the late '80s and the Samick produced cabinets from the early 2000s both made cabinets with 10" speakers but I don't recall any 6x10s.

10. I thought Jaco used Acoustic heads and Hartke cabs?

11. Limlam

Limlam

Jun 9, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    ok so i went back in, and got them to pop the back, turns out it was a 2x15 not a 6x10 as the label on the cab read, and was rated at around 200 watts, so yeah still pretty cheap but wont handle anything worthwhile

12. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Dude! $300? You need check those out with an amp. If they work, that's the orginal "Thunder". However, if you play a bunch of small gigs, they might be a bit much.

Is there some about this thread that seems a little odd, to anyone else?:meh:

13. Limlam

Limlam

Jun 9, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    what so odd?

id be tempted to go play them, but on closer inspection they didnt look too hot, the wood looked warped on the side and was coming away from the grill.

14. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Ummm...any Acoustic cabinet I've ever encountered (301 and 361 don't count) have had the speakers front loaded and the back of the cabinet is not removable. I wonder if it's a real Acoustic cabinet.

Any photos available?

Anyone here ever seen a (non-folded horn) Acoustic cabinet with a removable back?

15. Chuck King

Chuck King Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2006
    Chicago
    I have an Acoustic 104 cabinet---the 6x10 model---and you can see the speakers through the grill cloth. No chance of confusing it with a 2x15. And yes, it's front-loaded.

16. Limlam

Limlam

Jun 9, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    yeah its definatley not a real acoustic just looks like some cheap knock off cab

17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021