1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Acoustic b10 vs fender rumnle 15?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sigmafloyd, Dec 11, 2011.

1. sigmafloyd

sigmafloyd

May 1, 2011
    I bought the b10 but upon opening it I noticed the grill was coming unglued. Seems pretty cheap, which I guess is ok since it was only 75. I'm going to return it for a better one but was thinking the fender might be better. Any thoughts on the sound between these 2? The acoustic has a 10in speaker vs the fenders 8, however the fender is more watts

2. sigmafloyd

sigmafloyd

May 1, 2011
    Sorry for the typos, typing on a phone

3. SlingBass4

SlingBass4

Feb 28, 2009
    Kansas City
    I know nothing about the Acoustic, but they are a product from MF & GC...so repair options might be limited. The Fender can easily be worked on just about anywhere (should it be required). I've had the 15 watt Fender for an easy dozen plus years. It's served me well enough for my needs and what it's intended for. Nothing more - nothing less. It has a sealed cabinet, and even though it's only an 8 inch speaker...puts out ample power for working out songs personally or with another (or two) players in a smallish or volume sensitive area. I actually like it's tone quite well, and would recommend it on that point alone. For $25 more than the Acoustic - it's a no brainer IMO :smug:

4. I would say neither one would be any good for anything past your bedroom. I would save up a bit more until you can get into the 100W plus range.

5. jabsys

jabsys

Mar 30, 2011
    UK
    Haven't tried the b10 but I'm happy with my rumble 15, sounds good enough to me & it's loud enough to play with an acoustic guitar, I don't need anything louder so it suits me fine.

6. Ibanez Bassist

Ibanez Bassist

Jan 30, 2010
    US of A
    I have the Acoustic B-20, AB-50, and B-100 and I love them all.. Personally I have had no trouble with anything Acoustic, I love the tones and power, I dont really push the 20 but its only for the small room/den were I hang out, depends what your doing with it as well..

7. sigmafloyd

sigmafloyd

May 1, 2011
    Ended up taking it back and getting the Rumble. To my ears they sound about the same, but the construction on the Fender is much much better.

8. Ibanez Bassist

Ibanez Bassist

Jan 30, 2010
    US of A
    Personally I think you just got a bum amp this time with the Acoustic, I dont mistreat my amps but they get moved around quite a bit and handled by different people all the time and I still dont have any problems, especially with construction, but you as the buyer need to be satisfied with your purchase so Good Luck with the Rumble Its a nice little amp..

9. rockscott

rockscott

Aug 28, 2010
    massachusetts
    I purchased a peavey max 126, 2 years ago. It cost me $65. It has 26 watts, one 6" speaker, a simple eq (VGTB) and it even has the trans tube circuit if you are looking for that tube sound. Like all peavey amps its built like a brick $hithouse & it sounds really good! Perfect for practice or an acoustic set!