1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Acoustic B200 - nice...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Gabu, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    So, I finally got around to getting a "practice amp". I settled on getting the Acoustic B100, figuring 50lbs was manageable, and its not too big to get in and out of a compact car, etc etc... Called my local guitar center and they had just one.

So, I told them... I was at work, and it will be about 2 hrs to get there in traffic. They said, not a problem. We'll put it in the back.

I got there, and it turned out it was already spoken for. However, the manager said I could have the B200 at the B100 price. Its bigger and 67lbs... a bit more than I wanted to deal with, but I decided to give it a listen.

I ran through a few tunes that I could remember... its sad how much I have forgotten after the last few years. :( But it was sounding pretty sweet... I got a nice thumpy rock tone, like what I love from my SVT... and I couldn't turn it down at $250. :p

Now I have 3 bass rigs again. Maybe I should pick up the B20 also, to have something to sit in my room.

2. fireincairo

fireincairo

Jul 8, 2008
    The B200 is a great combo. I just sold my 1x15, but I only did it in order to afford a 4x10 cab for a tube head I have. If I could have kept it, I would have.

3. Lowbrow

Lowbrow Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Pittsburgh PA!
    The B20 is what stays in my bedroom -- it's a great, full-sounding practice size/wattage amp.

4. fireincairo

fireincairo

Jul 8, 2008
    Yeah, the B200 is pretty damn loud. Not necessarily a bedroom amp, unless you want to shake the bedroom windows.