1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Acoustic B200H and B410 Stack VS. Eden EGRW1264 Gig Ready

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by adubschavy, May 31, 2012.

1. adubschavy

adubschavy

May 30, 2012
    If you had the choice to have either

Acoustic B200H and B410 Stack
    Head: http://www.acousticamplification.com/products/index.cfm?catid=3&subcatid=3&modid=13
    cab:http://www.acousticamplification.com/products/index.cfm?catid=3&subcatid=4&modid=13&product=B410

OR

Eden EGRW1264
    http://www.eden-electronics.com/products/wtx/gigready/egrw1264.asp

Which one would you get and why? (money is of no matter)

(I can only get one or the other)

I also want people who have used any of the two amps/cab mentioned to tell me what they think of it.

2. I have owned the B200 Combo since 2009; same head as B200. Best bang for the buck overall; no distortion on low B String; no issues in 3 years.

I like the EDEN distortion specs, but frankly I doubt the difference is genuinely audible.

I know you said money wasn't an issue, but you could by 2 double cab Acoustic rigs for nearly same as than the EDEN rig alone...just saying... I believe that the Acoustic with 4x10 will sound louder as well.

A friend just bought Acoustic 4x10 to go under his AC 450 combo. He is more than satisfied. See my posts in Acoustic club; even as of today.

More importantly than our opinions; use Your Ears with Your Bass. That's how and why I chose Acoustic with my ears. Your wallet will be grateful as well.

3. I couldnt gig with that Eden...

4. adubschavy

adubschavy

May 30, 2012
    im looking a new acoustics vs used eden. Its exactly the same price pretty much. Its online, so there is no way of me testing out the rigs.

5. GC Acoustic is warrantied for 3 years.

My friend, Lester who just bought the Acoustic 4x10 had issues with his B450; brought it back. GC gave him a new
    B450 -in-the-box..No questions no hassles.

Can you get that from used EDEN on-line? I would want a warranty of some sort for that much $$ regardless.

6. who care about cost... I still couldnt gig the small cab.

Its like comparing the cost of the exhaust system of a Ferrari to a 83 honda civic. They may cost the same but you cant drive the tail pipe to work...

7. YuppyPunk

YuppyPunk

Oct 21, 2011
    Agreed. To make the eden giggable would require adding a second 112 and according to their website that's about $375. But I just noticed that the cab that comes in the "combo" is 4ohms so it would have to be 2ohm capable to add a cab.

8. Without hearing it, I believe that the EDEN would only be "gig ready" as described in the link for coffee house gigs, whereas the Acoustic is plenty loud. Don't need the volume? Turn Gain down on 200H.

Without going onto science/ physics; common sense says the Acoustic 4x10 offers more all the way around than a 1x12.

9. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    The 1x12 Eden rig would never be enough for me, and the Acoustic rig is just not my cup of tea, especially being an entry level rig. If money is no object, look for a good 300-500 watt head, and pair it with the best bass cab you can afford, with a 2x12 or 4x10 being the smallest to consider. Or a pair of 15's, a 412, etc, just make sure it's a quality cab, since the spkrs are most important.

10. adubschavy

adubschavy

May 30, 2012
    i went and got the acoustic rig. the six band eq and 4x10 were a selling point for me. This is going to be my first amp and cab ever, so i am an entry leveler.

thanks for all yalls imput

11. OK..Your [GREAT] decision more than qualifies you to join both the Acoustic Club, here on TB as well as the "Unofficial Acoustic" site; google Acoustic Control Corp.

Enjoy...

12. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    New England
    If I were considering that 4x10 I would want more power than a 200 Watt amp.
    Eden is great stuff but that set up is not a good gigging rig.
    A 1x12 and 260 Watts is minimal for a bass.
    I own Eden, WT400 & 2x10 XST 500 Watt.

13. I've played the B-200H and a B-410 pairing and they are really quite powerful. Impressive, really.

Very impressive. I was checking out a Dent-N-Ding B-410 at a GC in Xxxxxxx XX. and used a convenient B-200H for the test.

Like I said, I was very favorably impressed so much that I still want a B-200H. As it is, the B-600H is doing well.

That was my 2nd B-410, and I needed it, although it had a small scratch through the logo. Still - $85.00 was a very good price.