1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Acoustic B200H head with SWR Goliath Jr. III 2 x10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dedos Magico, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Dedos Magico

Dedos Magico

Apr 29, 2010
    Hi guys, well this is my first post, I'm a newbie and I just bought a SX SPJ-62 Bass. Now I'm shopping around for an amp and cab and there is good sale opportunity where I live for a Acoustic B200H head for $90 and a SWR Goliath Jr. III 2 x10 for$130. Basically my questions are:

* Will this combo works well? ( I'm going to be practicing in my room, so no gigs or small venues ambitions yet)

* Is this combo appropriate for a first beginner setup? Like I said I'm a newbie on a budget ($250.00 to be exact, for an amp)

* Would you recommend another setup based on my budget and experience?

Once again I just want to play in my room with my roommate's drums have some decent sound (I'm not into Metal if that helps) and have fun.

Thanks. I'd appreciate the feedback ;)

2. FanOfAlice

FanOfAlice

Nov 8, 2006
    Wisconsin
    that sounds like a pretty good deal to me. better than my my first setup

3. REAPER52

REAPER52

Aug 17, 2008
    FL-Central
    Going to be hard to beat for that price. Yes that is a very good rig for a first setup

4. Bardley

Bardley

Nov 16, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    Very good prices. I paid $600+ for my Goliath Jr III new about 9 years ago. :scowl:

That is much better than the Crate combo I had starting out.

5. Sounds like a good deal, and will be plenty of power for what you need, I run the b600h head and I love it, so it should be plenty!

6. Dedos Magico

Dedos Magico

Apr 29, 2010
    Thank you guys. Yes, I was skeptical at first because I don't know anything about mixing amps and cabs. I've been doing some research here in Talkbass and Google and I have read nothing but good things about both the amp and cabinet :)