1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Acoustic B200H (or) Kustom KB200H

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by phatbassplayer, Sep 29, 2010.

1. phatbassplayer

phatbassplayer

Apr 7, 2009
    Illinois
    I know that tone is subjective to each individual but I'll ask anyway.

If I had $250 to spend on a head.. what would be the bigger better deal?

Pro's & Con's Please...

Acoustic B200H (or) Kustom KB200H

I've played through the Acoustic B200H today and it sounded very well with old school vibe and if I fiddled with the tone knobs and notch filter I could get a very Hi-Fi tone as well..

I like my Kustom quad DFX guitar head.. but don't know of nor seen anything on the KB200H head.. I do know the groove bass heads were loud but not very toneful imho.. so whats the skinny on these 2 amps you guys?

2. The Kustom is very heavy. I have the Acoustic B200 115 combo, and I've played with Fender Rumbles and really anything else you might be able to get for $200-300. Buy the Acoustic, it'll do what you need if you're on a 200W budget. I haven't tried their higher wattage heads but I can say the B200 through 115 or two 115s can do anything I've needed thus far.

3. phatbassplayer

phatbassplayer

Apr 7, 2009
    Illinois
    ok I just purchased the Acoustic B200 combo amp and I am just floored by the quality, SOUND, and Tones that I am able to squeez out of this combo.. Took it to band rehearsal and it keeps up with a loud drummer and 2 half stack rock guitarist easily.. no need to carry that bigassed 2x15" and head anymore.. I'll save it for outside gigs... but for now this acoustic combo is what I'll be using in the bar gigs.

4. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Jan 3, 2009
    They are both the exact same amp made by the same people with different logo's on the front.

Get whatever is cheaper.

5. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Inactive Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    for $250, I'd get a GK MB200.

6. Bassdirty

Bassdirty Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2010
    CT

+1

I was lookin for a combo for practice a while back so I wouldnt have to carry my full rig in & outa practice...

long story short..I found a used Acoustic B200.

These things are great.(Kinda heavy) but man..it really sounds good, I was shocked, just based on the things I heard here.I've even used it for a few gigs and no prob keepin up with the band, and sounded very good..full, tight (five string capable) bottom.

I recall some guy here (on TB) scolding me or something, telling me that the tone sucks..basically because it was inexpensive.I say fooey to the snobs.Its not just a good amp for the money, its a good amp.

JMO

7. phatbassplayer

phatbassplayer

Apr 7, 2009
    Illinois
    ok so upon playing this amp for the last few hours, tone shaping is amazing, power is amazing, handles a B string very well and the upper register strings ring out smoothly.. through basses with humbuckers or series / parallel switched jazz singles.. she is quiet as a whisper.. running single coiled jazz & 51 P bass through this amp.. she will hum like a beehive full of pissed off bees but will not loose any power or tone when playing.. only when you stop will you hear a buzz.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021