1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Acoustic B200H or Traynor DB200T?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Robert Sjea, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Acoustic B200H head with Avatar 212

21 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Traynor DB 200T (2x10) combo

7 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Robert Sjea

Robert Sjea Guest

Mar 19, 2008
    Which would you recommend - Acoustic B200H head with my Avatar 2x12 or Traynor Dynabass 200T combo (tiltback and 2x10)?

I'm partial to Yorkville/Traynor but I've heard a lot of good things about the Acoustic.

I play smaller venues in 2 bands - one a semi-acoustic trio (makes the combo attractive) and a rock/blues band.

I already have an Ampeg V4b head but I hate lugging it around. Just getting another head sounds practical, but the combo sounds like it could get the job done alone or with extension cab.

In other words, I'm torn between the two. Thanks for any and all input.

robert

2. Lowbrow

Lowbrow Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Pittsburgh PA!
    I can say that the Acoustic is a great-sounding amp as I have it as part of my B200 1x15 combo, where it operates at full power through the contained 4 ohm 15" speaker.

Just about everybody (myself included) who has commented on TB seems to feel this new Acoustic is a real gem; I'd be really interested to hear your impressions if you end up running the B200H version through the Avatar 212 -- you have the 4-ohm cab, right?

3. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I cannot say enough good things about the Acoustic. I love mine to death and the tones are really killer. The price is just icing on the cake.

Dan

4. Robert Sjea

Robert Sjea Guest

Mar 19, 2008
    Yes, sir!

5. Eminor3rd

Eminor3rd BLAAAAARRGGHH!!

Feb 10, 2008
    NYC
    If I was trying to emulate a V4 with low weight, I would choose the new Acoustic amps.

6. llamalor2112

llamalor2112 Inactive

Sep 18, 2007
    You should go with the Acoustic, hands down. Every bass I have played through this head has had new life breathed into it! :bassist:

7. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Just looking your two choices over, I voted Traynor.
    Traynor/Yorkville has years of manufacturing experience. They even has service manuals with parts lists and schematics online.
    http://www.traynoramps.com/products.asp?type=7&cat=64&id=387

I've got no reason to believe the new Acoustics aren't any more than a house brand for Guitar Center. They are too new to know if Guitar Center is going to have consistency manufacturing them.

Buy from a place that lets you try an amp on a couple of gigs (like GC does), try both, then decide.

8. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Where are the new Acoustics manufactured (anyone know)?

9. willsellout

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    China. I hear there are some US ones that might show up down the line as well...which I will gladly purchase as well:D

Dan

10. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Well in any case, I heard one recently through one of the new 4x10's and I was pleasantly suprised with good, solid, rich tone!

11. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    On another note, the Etch guide and the Traynor service manual says:
    "Proudly made in North America...Eh?"

:)

12. willsellout

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    My favorite tone is my Jazz bass with the bridge solo and the tone knob off. It comes through pure funky jazz. If I try to do that with the Genz Benz I get mud. I love that head...and it's definitely pretty loud for the wattage.

Dan

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021