1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Acoustic B200H problems.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JCM800, Oct 7, 2013.

1. JCM800

JCM800

Jan 22, 2009
    Austin TX
    Seeing if anyone has had the same issue with theirs and what it cost to fix before I take it in for repairs.

Loved mine while it worked but at some point it crapped out. This happened while it was not in use. I used it, was fine. Went to use it again later on and it was not fine.

Powers up, but peak light comes on and produces no sound whatsoever.

Pulled the chassis and looked at it 2-3 times but nothing looks amiss on the board.

???

2. IMdanwhoRU

IMdanwhoRU

Oct 14, 2011
    CT
    This happened to my B600H. I exchanged it for a new one and the problem didn't occur again. It could just be a faulty amp. Is it still under the warranty?

3. JCM800

JCM800

Jan 22, 2009
    Austin TX
    Of course not. Crapped out a month or three afterwards.

4. kikstand454

kikstand454

Sep 28, 2012
    I haven't had that issue.
    hope to NOT have that issue as right now.....the 200h is my ONLY amp and I'm gigging it frequently! :oops:

5. JCM800

JCM800

Jan 22, 2009
    Austin TX
    Careful with your beer. Those things on the top ARE vents... Heh.

I had the DI also go out on mine in a matter of months, not that it sounded all that great anyway

6. 5port

5port

Oct 14, 2009
    LI,new yawk
    As indicated in this thread it sounds like the amplifier itself is a large hybrid module. Not easy to come by but possible if you can get the part#.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f15/malfunctioning-amp-woes-acoustic-b200h-829669/

7. JCM800

JCM800

Jan 22, 2009
    Austin TX
    Thanks for the link. Yeah mine is doing something completely different.

And for the record, it stopped working long after I knocked over my beer during a gig ;)