1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Acoustic B200H w/ SVT-410HE - need help on a few quick questions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by yajrennat, Jan 6, 2010.

1. yajrennat

yajrennat

Jan 6, 2010
    I recently purchased the B200H head along with the B115 cab, but I'm having issues with the cab. There's some incessant, annoying rattling in the back plate due to pressure in the chassis when I play at high volumes. I've tried playing this head through the Acoustic B410 cab, but experienced similar issues. I am considering upgrading to a new cab to eliminate this issue, but am unsure about compatibility. Because the consensus seems to be that the B200H head is a decent unit, and I'm on a budget, I would like to keep it. I'm considering pairing this head with the SVT-410HE cab by Ampeg. Would these units be compatible? I noticed a dial on the back of the cab that limits Ohms, and am wondering what that would need to be set at. I know I may not be utilizing the amp's full potential, but would this pairing be louder, give me more "headroom" than my previous rig? Also, I know this is subjective, but do you think these units would even sound good together? The staff at GC couldn't me a definite answer, so I went here to you good folks for advice. I'm satisfied with my head, but am wondering if my cab upgrade could help me on my search for a truer sound (Son Volt, anyone?).

Sorry if I've violated any etiquette, but I'm really frustrated and would like some help. Thank you, feel free to PM me. Here are the specs on this potential pairing:

Ampeg Cab: http://www.ampeg.com/products/classic/svt410he/index.html

Acoustic B200H head: 200 watts at 4 Ohms
    http://www.acousticamplification.com/products/b200h.cfm

2. yajrennat

yajrennat

Jan 6, 2010
    Also, has anyone had better luck with the B410?

3. REAPER52

REAPER52

Aug 17, 2008
    FL-Central
    I had the same head and it worked fine . maybe you just got a bad cab or head. I dont know much about the SVT cab but it seems that from what i have heard its a fine cab.I would think its better then the acoustic cab. But the acoustic stuff is supposed to good expecialy for the price
    Why dont you go to the Acoustic club(here on TB) and ask the guys there .

4. 5port

5port

Oct 14, 2009
    LI,new yawk
    Port it...according to the factory the early B115 cabs were at first ported. They then concluded that there was no difference if they were ported or sealed so the rest of them are sealed. Since porting cabinet buzzing has ceased.

port001.

5. yajrennat

yajrennat

Jan 6, 2010
    Porting would undoubtedly be an easy fix, but I'm quite fond of my warranty. Glad it paid off for you. Any input on the compatibility of the gear I mentioned?

6. Jaco who?

Jaco who?

May 20, 2008
    The dial on the Ampeg cab is for attenuating the tweeter, it doesn't limit the ohms, or impedance. It's an 8 ohm cab, so it won't be getting the full 200 watts, maybe 130 or so, but it should work fine.