Acoustic B320 head + Peavey 4x12 + Acoustic 2x15 = bad?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Selta, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Ooooooook here's my situation. I have an Acoustic B320 head, a Peavey 4x12 cab, and an Acoustic 2x15 cab. I would LOVE to use all of these simotaniously (sp?). Anyway, there's an Ohms problem. My head says 4 ohms min on it, and I was told my 4x12 is a 4 ohm cab, and the Acoustic I *think* is 8 ohm (from what I hear). Which will give me ~2.67 ohm, correct? I know I can't do this, unless they were both 8 ohm cabs, then I could, correct? Is there anyway I could rig these so I could use them all at the same time, if not, what cab should I use where? If anyone out there could tell me for sure what impedance my 4x12 and the 2x15 are, I would greatly appreciate it. Alls I have on the 4x12 is the Serial number, and the acoustic is not currently in my possesion (give it about 2 weeks). Would it even be idel to run both in full range or bi-amp, or would this just be silly, since both are more-or-less low end monsters? Thanks for all the help, and putting up with alot of stupid questions!
    P.S. I can send pics of the back, if anyone needs them, or just post what all the plugs are, that way ya'll can help. And yes, I did hit the FAQ and did a light/quick search, but didnt find all my answers.