1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Acoustic B320 head + Peavey 4x12 + Acoustic 2x15 = bad?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Selta, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Ooooooook here's my situation. I have an Acoustic B320 head, a Peavey 4x12 cab, and an Acoustic 2x15 cab. I would LOVE to use all of these simotaniously (sp?). Anyway, there's an Ohms problem. My head says 4 ohms min on it, and I was told my 4x12 is a 4 ohm cab, and the Acoustic I *think* is 8 ohm (from what I hear). Which will give me ~2.67 ohm, correct? I know I can't do this, unless they were both 8 ohm cabs, then I could, correct? Is there anyway I could rig these so I could use them all at the same time, if not, what cab should I use where? If anyone out there could tell me for sure what impedance my 4x12 and the 2x15 are, I would greatly appreciate it. Alls I have on the 4x12 is the Serial number, and the acoustic is not currently in my possesion (give it about 2 weeks). Would it even be idel to run both in full range or bi-amp, or would this just be silly, since both are more-or-less low end monsters? Thanks for all the help, and putting up with alot of stupid questions!
    Ray
    P.S. I can send pics of the back, if anyone needs them, or just post what all the plugs are, that way ya'll can help. And yes, I did hit the FAQ and did a light/quick search, but didnt find all my answers.