1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Acoustic B450 combo needs new speakers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by limit6, Dec 4, 2017.

1. limit6

limit6

Dec 5, 2007
    Philly, PA
    Hey y'all! I need to replace a blown set of speakers in an Acoustic B450 combo. My criteria for speaker selection is A) a set rated high enough so they won't blow up, and B) sound good in the cab (not looking to get too subjective on "good sound", moreso looking for a speaker that will play nice with the dimensions/design of the cab). I've heard good things about Eminence Legends and Deltalites. Just not sure if either of those would be a proper contender for this cab. I like fat low end with decent detail but not looking for crazy top extension like a hi-fi cab. Please and thank you

2. soflbass

soflbass

Mar 2, 2013
    S Florida
    Contact Acoustic for replacement speakers; or run Winisd software yourself if you have the ability. Acoustic doesn't publish their speaker specs and therefore it would be very difficult to determine a suitable replacement driver.

3. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    That is because they are that good. You can always call Eminence and ask for their recommendation. Then go ahead and order what they recommended. 502-845-5622 ask for Big Tony. Eminence Speaker | Loudspeakers for Professional Audio and Guitar and Bass | The most trusted name in loudspeakers since 1966. Great upgrades for JBL, Celestion, Jensen, and Fane.

4. RoadRanger

RoadRanger Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2004
    NE CT
    I replaced them in that combo for a buddy - I think the stock add up to a 4 ohm load, I went with a 8 ohm load to prevent them from blowing again, plus it matched up with the extension cab better that way. 450 watts is just too much power for a pair of 10's. I had a couple NOS Madison's - most anything is better than the stock drivers LOL. I do remember having to file the edges a bit to fit as they are a tiny bit too close together.

limit6 likes this.