1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Acoustic b600! what gives?!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by GearHeadBassMan, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Bassmore

Bassmore Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2007
    Virginia
    I wouldn't say you "have to" use two B810's. Personally, my guess is that after you hear the B600H at 450W RMS or at say even 3:00 Volume with the one B810 or combinations of the other two cabs in person, you probably won't feel the compelling need to go to the full 600W RMS with two B810's. However it sounds like the possiblity certainly exists:D Protect your kids, pets, and fragile things not nailed or glued down and well...Have fun with that:D To me, anyhow, with the two B810's at full 600 W RMS it's sorta like carpet bombing a mole problem. Not to say there's anything wrong with that, to each their own. Unless I'm mistaken though, by design, you will be able to easily configure any of their other cabs (B115 or B410) with the B810 to step things down to 2 Ohms (600W RMS) for example Speaker output port 1 (4 ohms) from the B600H to the B810. Speaker output port 2 (4 Ohms) to a B410 (8 Ohms) and then from the B410's second input jack to a B115 (8 Ohms). Thus 2 Ohms now at the amp total output and the crazy 600W RMS that one might seek.
    Anyone else agree or disagree? I'm pretty sure that's what they had in mind by design but I would definitley run it by them first. I don't want anyone to fry something based on my technical theory. Please ask the experts. Oh, and Happy Halloween:eek:!

Play On!:bassist:

Bassmore

2. Stacknobuser

Stacknobuser

Nov 11, 2007
    The short version is that any combination of 8 and / or 4 Ohm enclosures that are connected in parallel which do not in combination go below 2 Ohm minimum load will be safe with the B600H.

Two 4 Ohm 810; fine. Four B410 or B115 or combination thereof, (8 ohm each) fine. Just keep it above 2 Ohms to keep the B600H happy.:hyper:

Hope this helps.:smug:

3. Bassmore

Nov 2, 2007
    Virginia
    Yeah,

What he just said. :D BTW he knows, he's one of the experts I was hoping would pop in here.

Bassmore

DonovanJM likes this.
  4. I really like the light blue bar on the 810, I can see getting my band logo airbrushed on would look very pleasant (we play kinda melodic rock/acoustic music)

G.A.S., just when I thought it was over!!!!

5. Bassmore

Nov 2, 2007
    Virginia
    okay,

So let me test my understanding here. Your band plays "kinda melodic rock/acoustic music" and you're going to be up there with a B600H and 2 x B810's! Dude, with all due respect, what kind of Mother of All Rigs would you use if you were into say, Hard Rock or Metal? Holy mother of Mary! :eek::eek: People would have to come to see you play and sit in the next county! :) Well, regardless you'll have IMHO the best there is out there and certainly plenty of it.:D Yeah, I'll be GASin' come about Halloween this year myself. They (B600H and B810's) will be beast!

Bassmore

6. llamalor2112

llamalor2112 Banned

Sep 18, 2007
    I've already got two of the 15's and plan on adding the two of them to the 810 and the B600. It's going to sound great. I just wonder how long I will be able to hear it. :D

7. Ampeg SVT

Ampeg SVT Son, I am disappoint.

That 810 looks pretty neat.

8. bfreshour

bfreshour

Nov 7, 2008
    What would the output be with just a single (4x10 or 1.15) cab? I'm really interested in getting this head.
    Thanks

9. Ampeg SVT

Ampeg SVT Son, I am disappoint.

Depends on how many ohms the cab has.

10. thesteve

thesteve

May 28, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    I believe he's referring to the 410 and 115 cabs offered by Acoustic, both of which are 8 ohm models.

11. bfreshour

bfreshour

Nov 7, 2008
    I was referring to the acoustic 8 ohm cabs. Would it be OK to have the 600 watt 2 ohm head and run it with a single 8 ohm cab for smaller shows? What would the power output be roughly?

12. thesteve

thesteve

May 28, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    I would think it would be fine and I would guess the output to be roughly 300W...

but the last time I tried to answer a question like this I was horribly, horribly wrong. Of course the amp in question there was a tube amp, not an SS amp.

13. llamalor2112

llamalor2112 Banned

Sep 18, 2007
    I'm usually wrong about these things too, but from my understanding, wouldn't it be more like 140watts?
    (Knowing me the answer could give or take a couple hundred watts:rolleyes:)

14. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Is this even available yet?

My enthusiasm for the new Acoustic gear seems to get severely dampened by these long lead times between new releases, especially when their current line up is so small.

15. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Anyone ever confirm if these came out of the same factory and basically the same amp as Kustom?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. thesteve

thesteve

May 28, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    I have read reports of folks seeing the B600H in stores now.

That was confirmed in this post: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6305175&postcount=93 that Kustom is a (the?) manufacturer of Acoustic's import line.

17. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Someone on TalkBass has posted a photo of theirs...perhaps in the Rigs of Doom thread or the Rocker's rigs thread...don't recall exactly.

18. Stacknobuser

Stacknobuser

Nov 11, 2007
    Yes, the B600H is in stores as is the B810. The B600H will generate approx. 275 watts RMS into an 8 ohm load.

Since you mentioned it, here is the current released product lineup (all released since November 1, 2007):

B10 combo
    B20 combo
    AB50 combo
    B100 combo
    B200 combo
    B200H bass head
    B600H bass head
    B115 bass cab
    B410 bass cab
    B810 bass cab

There are also three models designed specifically for acoustic instruments. They are:

AG15
    AG30
    AG60

Any suggestions concerning further product development would be welcome. There are a few new additional models planned for 2009.:ninja:

19. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    How much do the B600 and the B810 cab run?