Acoustic Bass Amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Achilles LS, Nov 30, 2002.

1. Hi, I'm new around here and I'd like to get some futher info on the Acoustic company, you know, that old bass amps, colored blue.
  2. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Could you be a little more vague, please?
  3. Excuse me? :confused:

I'm just seaching for info on that fairly unknown bass amp manufacturer, Acoustic. All I know is that it was a very popular bass amp during the 60's/70's and people like John Paul Jones and Ray Manzarek used it.

There used to be a web site, but the link is not workin' anymore. There wasn't much information about these amps, anyway...

So if anybody could help me, I'd be delighted!
  4. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    I wouldn't call them "fairly unknown." In fact I'd say they are pretty well known.

The most sought-after bass amp from Acoustic, the one prized in the 70s, was the model 360.

A later model came out called the 370 that featured a solid state power amp and a folded horn cabinet.

The are many, many strings on this forum that discuss the 360 and 370.

At the top of the strings list in this forums just a few lines below the talkbass logo, you'll see a "SEARCH FOR" icon. Click "keyword" and follow the very simple form. I'm sure you'll find more than you can read.

5. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Try this site. Good info and history

I have a 150b. Had it since '74. Somewhat muddy sound, but 30 yrs old and indestructible! It's my backup amp.
  6. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    I've seen and played a couple of the heads in rehearsal studios. I don't see what the big deal is. They don't sound particularly loud, and when I was trying to be heard over drums and guitars, there was no pleasant frequency on the EQ that I could boost.
  7. I've been looking for their website and found nothing. But they still exist.. There is a factory in my town that's still making some amplifiers.. I haven't seen them in local stores thought. I don't know where exactly the factory is so I havent checked it out.. Some friends of mine own some brand new Acoustic stuff, but they aren't for bass.. mostly PA.

I'll post anything I found about them as soon as I find it.
  8. I don't know if anyone is interested but just in case..

S.A. DE C.V.
    Av. Parres Arias No. 408-B
    Col. Tepeyac 45101 Guadalajara, Jal.
    Tels. [3) 633-18-35, 636-18-88,
    633 56-85 y 656-01-06
    Fax: [3) 633-56-89
    Fabricante de equipo para sonido profesional,
    amplificadores para guitarra y bajo,
    consolas mezcladoras para voz, bafles y bocinas.

I was lucky enough to find their adress and phone number.. I'll call them one of these days.