Acoustic Bass Gig Bag

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MODELL, Nov 8, 2004.

Aug 30, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Does anyone know where to buy a gig big for a full scale acousitc/electric bass? I have one of those Dean playmates, which is 50" top to bottom and 18" wide. M.F. has advertised a gig bag for months, but it is on back order. Are there any web sites to look for this size bag or chipboard case?

2. NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    I originally bought mine at Sam Ash, I was just there saturday
    and they had them in stock, it was Guitar research brand.I
    think it was $60 bucks.It fits my Bass real good. I have a
    full size ABG,Carlo Robeli brand,Martin rip off.
  3. I don't know about places to buy, but when I owned an ABG, I used a Warwick Rockbag which was perfectly adequate for me.
  4. Adolfo Estrella of made me a wonderful case for my Tacoma. It's 2 tones of glove leather with great padding and it fits like a glove. It was made to a tracing pattern I sent him on brown paper, and the price was reasonable.

He has lots of types of nylon fabric and leathers in stock. He was the patern maker for Reunion Blues for decades, and he still does their repairs.

5. Steve-O18

Feb 19, 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario
    +1 for the Warwick rockbag. I've had mine for a bout a year and i'd recommend it to enyone. Very well built
  6. Jeff Bonny

Jeff Bonny Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Vancouver, BC
    Levy's makes a couple that fit my Azola Deco. I just went for the cheapest one as I've got a Calton flight case when I need real protection.