1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

SOLD Acoustic Bass Ischell contact mic pickup $15 (with RMA)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Bass Amps, Strings, & Accessories' started by Pete Hand, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Pete Hand

Pete Hand Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2004
    Missoula Montana
    Price:
    $15
    This is a relisting; I have been testing and selling from a box of upright pickups, and this one seems to be dead but is repairable. It is being offered at a price that will cover my sending it to you + the PayPal fee I lose with the transaction, + a bit for a beverage for me.

Here is the story:

I used it only a few times and put it away, and it worked at that time. It was sold here and found not to send signal from the mic. I got it back and tested it and the mic doesn't seem to send an output signal. When you unscrew the connector barrel to adjust the dip switch settings, it has some sort of noisy component, but nothing is obviously desoldered or broken. This unit was purchased in Sept of 2017, and is, of course :) just a few weeks out of warranty.

You put up with the inconvenience and you get it back as new, and we keep it out of a landfill and put it back into use. RMA = return material authorization.

The cost to you to make it a working pickup would be postage to France, their repair fee of 49 Euros, and the return postage to you. That would bring this to about $145 all in.

The issue of repair and cost is clearly stated at the link and the recent email discussion with Ishell:

-----Message d'origine----- From: PH Sent: Sunday, December 22, 2019 1:41 AM To: [email protected] Subject: Repair J48C
    I have a J48C for doublebass that I use with phantom power only. It is out of warranty by about a 6 weeks I think. It is not working. I have tried different cables and different devices/mixers for supplying the phantom power. It is dead. I would like to have it repaired. What would it cost?

Subject: Re: Repair J48C
    Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2019 13:51:13 +0100
    Reply-To: INFO ISCHELL <[email protected]>
    To: PH

Hi Peter,

You can send it to us, we will repair it.
    You will pay for an after-sales service and the return by post.
    After Sale Service – ISCHELL
    - 20% for the VAT

Regards,
    Fischer

Here is the Tech info, if you are not familiar:

Ischell “contact mic” pickup (not with the additional piezo pickup). It conveys the sound of a microphone, natural and faithful, with the feedback resistance of a pickup. For double bass (solid wood soundboard only). Uses Phantom power; does not have the 9v battery option. 1/4” balanced TRS.

J48CCB (similar to the X48)

Photos show the height-setting tool (the little screw knob). Inside the connector is the Low cut (internal switch). Link to Ischell product listing:
    J48CCB – ISCHELL

Link to an install demo:
    Ischell X48c Demo Video

00z0z_brmcK1Ts6JD_1200x900.jpg

00Y0Y_kU0LD0q8pK8_1200x900.jpg

00a0a_hT95Tz3jVvm_1200x900.jpg

01414_joGjFFd58gp_1200x900.jpg

00k0k_7Q5awfs3aUp_1200x900.jpg

2. msfeldman

msfeldman

Mar 7, 2010
    PM sent.