Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

acoustic bass microphone, anyone?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tommy Gunz, Sep 28, 2002.

1. I'd like to have an internally mounted microphone for my acoustic fretless, the type that clip on to the edge of the soundhole, but I don't know much about this type of micropones. I did some research on the net and the more popular brand seems to be Shure, Crown or Audio Techinca, but so far most of the feedback I've read are from acoustic guitarist. Is there anyone here uses a microphone for their acoustic bass? if so, what brand and model would you guys suggest?

2. Someone in HC suggested Golden Trinity made by K&K. Does anyone use that for their acoustic?

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I guess the folks down in doghouse country can answer this better.

4. Can someone help?

5. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    I am interested also, but I want to mic up my ukalele (I took the strings off and put en back on in the right order. It sounds fun and probably play it as much as my other basses!!) :D

6. um... all those threads about acoustic basses, and no one had ever look into blending the tone from the pickup and a microphone?

7. I've heard good results from this on an upright.