1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Acoustic Bass Pickups Replacement Advice

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by VegasHasher, Apr 11, 2010.

1. The pickups on my ovation b778 bass have needed replacement twice in the year (or so) that I have owned it. My local luthier has amazing ability, but I think that this particular type of pickup is outside of his range of expertise.

Can anyone advise me of an alternate to the stock (Tru-balance) pickups that could be easily integrated into the current system?

Of course, all out-of-the-box advice is welcome as well. :eyebrow:

The specs and image are below.

Thanks for your help.

[From Ovation Web Site]: http://www.ovationguitars.com/?fa=detail2&mid=55#

Pickup: Tru-Balance

PreAmp: OP40
    - The new OP40 system leaves other systems back in the 20th century. The eq has a Mid-Shift switch that moves the center frequency of the mid band between 400Hz and 900Hz. It also features a Pre-Shape circuit for that extra "cut" you need in live band situations. The ultra-steep notch filter can zap feedback one note at a time. All this control lets you zero in on your perfect personal tone.

Attached Files: