Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Acoustic Bass questions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mattsk42, Feb 15, 2005.

1. mattsk42

mattsk42 $100 off new Directv subsp.PM me BEFORE signing up Supporting Member

Hey I'm pretty new to bass playing, and to this board. I am planning on getting an acoustic bass, and I am wondering from those of you who have played them what to get. I don't really want to spend over 250 since I already have a regular bass, and I won't be using it for anything, just to mess around on mostly.

Also, what is the best place to look at some online? There's no stores around here. Thanks.

Matt

2. If you are meaning an acoustic bass guitar, I have an Ovation Celebrity model that I purchased used for $250. It has a great feel and sound, and I have been very happy with it. In your price range, you should definitely check out used, where you can get more bang for your buck. Hope this helps.

Brian

3. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    The Crafter acoustic bass guitars are excellent value (Jonas Hellborg plays a model that costs just £250GBP!!). Not sure how well distributed they are in the States.

4. mattsk42

mattsk42 $100 off new Directv subsp.PM me BEFORE signing up Supporting Member

OK thanks. Yeah I'm looking into used ones. We really just don't have much of anything around here. Is there anything to look for in these?