Acoustic Bass shoping

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassman17, Oct 7, 2003.

1. Hi I'm looking to buy an acoustic bass so I was wondering what some of you would suggest. My price range is about 300-500 dollars, and at the this time I'm looking at the Dean Perofrmer plus. Any way if you all could give me your suggestions that would be great.

2. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    I have an Olympia ABG, which is Tacoma's import. I like it as far as ABGs go, though I really don't care for ABGs overall. I personally think that if you pay more than 300 bucks, you're spending too much for what you get.

I got mine for $265.00, which was a decent deal.

The Olympia puts out a good bit of sound from my experience.
  3. notabob

Sep 20, 2003
    cincinnati ohio
    shop around on ebay. im gonna get an acoustic bass after christmas just for the heck of it. i would look into the ibanezes. seem like quality.
  4. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Look for an Oly.
  5. I play the Guild B4CE,1994, with the , Fishman PU + Preamp. It also is very loud when playing unplugged.

;) Treena
  6. bazzhed4

Aug 2, 2003
    Aberdeen MD
    love my takamime eg512c. nice sound...and an onboard tuner. good preamp. i like it
  7. Dublin-Bass

Dublin-Bass Guest

Sep 24, 2003
    Dublin, Ireland
    I have a Tanglewood acoustic bass which I use mainly for practising at home. It's a good bass.I love being able to just pick it up and play it without having to plug it.
  8. tim4003

Apr 30, 2002
    Dawsonville , GA