Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Acoustic Bass's with NO electronics. where to buy

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mans0n, Oct 17, 2002.

1. mans0n

mans0n

Jun 15, 2002
    the subject sums it up good.....

where can i find an acoustic bass online, with NO electronics, ive looked for a while and cant seem to find anything that is without dangfangled electric stuff i dont want to use, and dont want to pay for. anything BUT NO EBAY!

any help would be appreciated =)

2. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    If I may ask why? Not trying to be rude. It's just that all of the acoustic basses I've played didn't project very well. I'm just curious.:confused:

3. mans0n

mans0n

Jun 15, 2002

4. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I believe there is a no-electronics version of the Tacoma Thunderchief.

5. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    ...the CB-10, which is sold by MF online:

MoFo link for Tacoma CB-10 ABG

I have one, and love it. However, I did install a set of K&K Pure Bass transducers that I got from Bob Gollihur. They make it a bit more versatile without having that big box mounted in the side. I like that.

6. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I have the 5 string version.

I bought it at a local store which moved to Cali this past summer.

Peace
    Nick

7. mans0n

mans0n

Jun 15, 2002
    price range 150-200 if possible.... not looking for a grand beuty, just something to twang on alone at home

8. you'll be hard press to find any ABG in that range. Even the rogue ABG runs $250.

9. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Oh, I thought you wanted a REAL bass! ;)

I think your best bet would be to find a used Applause in that price range. It'll probably still have a pickup, but they usually sound pretty good for the price. Also a used Dean or Fender, if you'd prefer all wood.

10. mans0n

mans0n

Jun 15, 2002
    ;-)

i never considered a used one!

great idea, on a college students income! it just doesnt fit in my budget to buy a 700$ acoustic =)

11. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Just remember, what you are buying can only be used alone at home.

Id recommend either spending more money for a used Tacoma for jamming with friends or one with a pickup so you can plug in.

Peace
    Nick

12. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You can get a Martin for about $1,200. It has a pickup, but the jack is in the rear strap peg, so no one would know that is has a pickup. Also, there are no electronic controls (volume and tone knobs), so your secret would be safe. Yep, I think that's the solution. A Martin. Nice-looking, too.