Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

"Acoustic" brand amps question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JetGlowSteve, Jun 15, 2001.

1. Does anyone know if there are any Acoustic amp enthusiast or info websistes out there? I don't mean acoustic as in non eletctric but the actual amp maker Acoustic who was popular in the 70's.

2. BWB

BWB

Aug 30, 2000
    Knoxville TN
    >Does anyone know if there are any Acoustic amp >enthusiast or info websistes out there? I don't >mean acoustic as in non eletctric but the actual >amp maker Acoustic who was popular in the 70's.

I am not aware of one being in existence. I went
    looking for something like that last year - I've been
    playing a 1973 vintage Acoustic 370 head for
    quite a while now. 275 watts solid state.

There are bits and pieces of info here and there,
    as well as reviews of specific models on
    www.harmony-central.com.

I sort of considered the idea of putting up an
    Acoustic-enthusiast general info site myself, but
    dismissed it due to lack of free time. Maybe a
    project for ya....

Scott

3. Thanks Scott. I wouldn't call myself an actual enthusiast of the amps but I do like them and have found a bit of an odd model in a used store that I've never seen before...looks like it was one of their later models. Has the same controls and face look as the others but its covered in a heavier tan/brown tolex with a matching huge 1X15 ported cab. Single channel, graphic eq, limiter, bright and deep pull switches. Its a really nice amp and looks like its practically new old stock. No where on it does it list a wattage rating though. I also didn't see a model name on it.

4. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    Here's the link to the new Acoustic Amp website. There's no info on the older stuff here, but most of the new stuff appears to be retro 70's Acoustic designs.
    http://www.acoustic.mu/bassamp/
    Cheers

5. Yeah I saw that...thanks anyway though. I even emailed them and never got a response...pretty lame website as well isn't it? Not much info at all.