1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Acoustic cab and head info?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Darkwulf77, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Darkwulf77

Darkwulf77

Aug 26, 2012
    I play in a metal band, Tides Lay Heavy, with lack of money ive been borrowing my guitarists acoustic 100w. I like the acoustic sound and looked into them more, seen positive reveiws about the Acoustic 600h 600w head combined with the acoustic 400h 400w cab. I would like to have better reveiws from anyone thats played them. Im completely new to this website also, i just stumbled upon it. Correct me if im doing anything wrong. :) THanks!

2. snowplow

snowplow

Jan 4, 2012
    Michigan
    I have the B600 head with the 410 and 115 cab. I bought it about a month ago and finally got it dialed in to where I want it! For the price you cant beat it! I'm no gearhead, so the simple set up works great for me. The new acoustic heads that just came out have more features then the B600 and B200. But if you can still find the older series on GC I would get it. Half stack for less than 500 bucks. Worth it IMO

3. Whether B200 Combo or 200H -600H series, features are nearly identical; some with more power.

Someone suggested here on TB sometime ago to set all tones
    [semi-parametric tone bank] flat. Adjust Notch to taste by sweeping it left-to-right and back, until you find your chosen frequency. Set Volume and Gain to suit. This is my fave way to find a starting point; tweak tone bank as needed; horn ON or OFF as desired.

You can go to the site and see their suggested tone settings, if desired. They work well enough.

If not mistaken on 600 H, there is a Notch over-ride; ON-OFF, as well.

I own vintage as well as GC Acoustic. Good luck and enjoy the most bang-for-the-buck bass system available.