1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

acoustic cab with peavey speaker

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tlinder, Aug 19, 2012.

1. tlinder

tlinder

Aug 28, 2009
    I bought a acoustic b115 cab used at a music store,noticed speaker had a brushed aluminum speaker frame,and i noticed that the new b115s in store had a black frame around speaker,so i took speaker out and did some research and it is a peavey scorpion,would this be a up grade? I also purchased a used b200 head,plugged it in and it sounded great,so i went to peaveys website and it said that speaker needed a ported cab, so I looked up a bass cab peavey used to make with a single 15 inch scorpion, and it was the same size cab as the acoustic,so I cut 2 3inch ports at bottom corners of cab,plugged in b200 head plugged in my mike dirnt fender tele bass and WOW is all i can say shook the windows in my bedroom on about 4 volume, try it !!!

2. I've wondered myself about porting my B-115 and my b-410s. They are advertised as 'ported design' and it might be a good idea to add some holes.

I dunnow. The voice from them now is just fine - but there's that niggling idea that they might be better in some way.

3. 5port

5port

Oct 14, 2009
    LI,new yawk
    Already did it. I installed two 4" X 4.5" port tubes and installed a 400W 4 ohm Celestion speaker. It seems to have increased the spl big time and high power handling is great now. I removed the 50 cent plastic tweeter and made that one of the ports. Notice that the new B115 MKII is now ported and the speaker is upgraded to 450W. I drive it with one side of my BX1500 (450W) and it just cranks out the volume now with no distortion. Also sounds great with my MB200.

4ports001.