1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Acoustic Club - Add b115 vs aphex bass Xciter

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by wildhorse, Apr 19, 2009.

1. wildhorse

wildhorse

Mar 15, 2009
    Ok this one's for all you Acoustic B200H or B600H owners.

I've got the B600H and 1 B115 Cabinet. Should I add a second B115 or get an Aphex Bass Xciter? I'd love the look of the stack but a little concerned that our steady stage places the amp directly behind my amp and that second cab would be pounding the kidneys all night long.

Presently I run with the gain on 10 oclock and the volume a tad higher. Maybe I should just turn the volume up to 12. :hyper:

Anyone have any experience with the Aphex or a second 115 cab.... I already know many will say add the B410 but I really don't want to put out the extra 100 bucks and love the look of stacked 15's. Thanks in advance

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Another cab is a good idea, as the 1 15 you're using is 8 ohms, meaning the amp is pushing much less than 600 watts. Another 15 gives you a 4 ohm load, the amp runs at 600 watts, and everything is good with the world. The pedal adds nothing to your rig, I believe it's just a comp, isn't it? Get the cab, make rock.

3. wildhorse

wildhorse

Mar 15, 2009
    Hey thanks for the reply, I'm liking your idea.
    The amp runs 450 watts at 4 ohms however. A little less to each speaker than the speaker is rated at. Should be an excellent match. It's around 275 watts at 8 ohms so there is a chance of blowing the speaker but I don't turn it up that high. It's 600 watts at 2 ohms.
    They say the aphex is different than a compressor but I don't like added noise from pedals anyway. Ok you convinced me!

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Ok, I thought it ran full @ 4 ohms, but it's 2. That means you COULD run up to 4 8 ohm cabs if you wanted to, but I think you're on the right track. Good luck, and have fun with it.