SOLD Acoustic Control 70s 301 Folded Horn Cabinet

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by someparts, Oct 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. someparts

someparts

Nov 22, 2010
    Ohio
    EDIT: I have a pair of these if someone wants both, both reconed at the same time and in very similar condition....a pic of both cabs is a few posts below.

Acoustic Control Corporation model 301 folded horn bass cab. In average condition for the age with tolex wear-through on the bottom and some ragged corners but original and solid, not abused and still looks good from stage distance. This is an early 70s one with the speaker door in the rear. Original Cerwin Vega 18" 300w speaker, just professionally re-coned(this was not cheap, haha)...less than 10 hours on the speaker.

Sounds killer - huge bottom.....can do anything from country to doom metal. These cabs get a bad rap for weight but they tilt back and roll and weigh a bunch less than an 8x10, so :spit:

[DEL]$350[/DEL] $300 each or [DEL]$600[/DEL] $500 for both - pickup in central Ohio. Trades??? Dunno...

Two early 70s Acoustic 301 Cabinets pictures by someparts - Photobucket

2. Where are you located in central Ohio? I'd love to have another 301.

3. someparts

someparts

Nov 22, 2010
    Ohio
    PM'd info.

I do have another matching 301 cab and a 370 head that I MAY part with if somebody wants to do it up in style.

EDIT: head is now $OLD

4. someparts

someparts

Nov 22, 2010
    Ohio
    IMAG0666.gif

For those asking for a picture of the stack.

5. someparts

someparts

Nov 22, 2010
    Ohio
    Price drop. Head is sold.

6. christw

christw Get low!

May 11, 2008
    Dayton OH
    THE MADDEST SCIENTIST
    Wait, do you have one or two 301 cab then? I happen to have Mesa, Ampeg, and Bag End cabs all in my possession and perhaps on their way out the door. The link in my sig goes to the the thread with all of the pics. PM'd soon...

7. someparts

someparts

Nov 22, 2010
    Ohio
    Yep, I have a pair. PM replied. Still available.

8. Matt Wilson

Matt Wilson

Jul 12, 2005
    Vancouver
    F___ Yeah! Awesome.

9. Why aren't you closer?! And, why didn't I hear about this in September when my band was in Ohio?!?

10. someparts

someparts

Nov 22, 2010
    Ohio
    I wasn't selling them in September, book another show!!!

:D

Unfortunately these may be eBay bound soon if I don't get some action at this price.

11. Sounds like a plan to me man!! Unfortunately for me, I don't think we'll be back to the midwest anytime before summer at the earliest....we will be spending the spring in the southeast (headed to SXSW, so excited :hyper:)

12. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Feb 11, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Ampeg , GHS
    man I wish I had something you wanted for the cabinets...

13. someparts

someparts

Nov 22, 2010
    Ohio
    Ha...try me, I had some cabs posted as trade bait but I've got my big cabs sorted out...for now. I could use an Ampeg rack preamp.

14. i'd buy both if distance wasn't an issue. my shipping bid was like $400 so i had to pass.

15. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Feb 11, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Ampeg , GHS
    shipping charges are definitely a challenge

16. someparts

someparts

Nov 22, 2010
    Ohio
    Sold my V4 cab, lets get some locals hip to these now!

17. someparts

someparts

Nov 22, 2010
    Ohio

Yeah, I'd have sold them many times over if they were easy to ship. Had a couple recent PMs about shipping....if you are fairly close uShip.com is a good option for small private carriers to bid that are out on the road already. If you are out west fuggetaboutit.

18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.