Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

acoustic distortion..

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by infamousxtopher, Jan 30, 2006.

1. sacrelige i know, but i'm looking for an over drive box to use with my acoustic guitar to add just a little grit to the signal, no matter what it is i'll be using a loooper with blend control to mix it in. i want to maintain a lot of lows in my signal, i'm looking for something tubey that'll sound nice with a piezo pick up. thanks guys.

topher.

2. i've been looking at the DOD YJM308 as i've been looking for just a little grit, will this do the trick?

3. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    I use a SABBDI with my Martin guitar. It does the trick for me. There is an "acoustic pre-set" in the sample settings in the manual. As always, this is IMO. Good luck.

4. i don't know why i didn't think of that, i'll have to head over to the hell that is my guitar center and try that soon, it might just do the trick. thanks a lot.

5. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    Just remember, the controls on a SABDDI are very sensitive. With enough time, you should be able to get a great tone. What kind of guitar are you playing? This might make a difference. Good luck.

6. a carlo robelli with a piezo. i know its sam ashes house brand but i lucked out and its a real great sounding guitar

7. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    That should sound good with the SABDDI. The reason I asked is that some acoustic guitars have a very full low end, like a Martin, and some are more mid-range and hi end focused, like an Ovation. It will make a difference as to the overall tone you can get with a SABDDI. Good luck.

8. BassJunkie730

BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Brooklyn
    Check out the Banzai Cold Fusion - A bit pricey but the should work

9. this guitar defaintly has a focused mid range, i'd love the bass of a martin but i just can't afford it. i'll check out that othe pedal too, but i have heard great things about the sansamp so i'm defiantly going to try that out.

topher.

10. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    I also have an Oscar Schmidt guitar. It is cheap, but it sounds much better than it's price might suggest. Sometimes budget instruments can be surprising. The SABDDI should be cool with the CR.