1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

acoustic/electric

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by asherthemachine, Oct 31, 2010.

1. asherthemachine

asherthemachine

Sep 22, 2006
    im looking for an acoustic/electric under 500 bucks to play in a full band setup (acoustic sets of our normal live electric stuff.) What are some good options? i just need a good, solid acoustic that plays well and has good low end. highest end one i can get for the money is what im aiming for. if its any comparison, i play a hot rodded mexi P normally. Cheers.

2. Engine207

Engine207 Losing faith in humanity...one call at a time.

Jul 10, 2008
    Higley, AZ
    ForumSearch.

3. asherthemachine

asherthemachine

Sep 22, 2006
    this is why i stick to the effects forum. thanks for the help buddy

4. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    I was impressed with the Michael Kelly I had.

5. I haven't run into many acoustic/electrics that can keep up unplugged. That being said, this one sounds great and is a lot of fun to play.

Keep in mind that a $500 acoustic with electronics is pretty much a $300 acoustic with a preamp.. but it'll do the job plugged into a small combo.

6. Bassman 100

Bassman 100

Apr 4, 2008
    Ireland
    1st Choice "Crafter" Fantastic Sound, how low can you go, Wow. Amazing - Use Flat Wounds. Never slips out of tune.
    Small Comfortable body, on board tuner.

2nd Choice: "Tanglewood" Excellent bass too.

What ever acoustic bass you purchase, try buy, or make your own feed back buster for the sound hole, if you need very high volume.
    Take your time, listen out for fret clank when testing.
    Get it professionally set up to your liking as part of the sale - or go to walk out of the store.
    Most important: Make sure you don't have to remove the strings to change the battery. I prefer the 9Volt batteries than AA Batteries - they just seem to last much longer.
    I use a Jumbo 6 string guitar case for my Crafter Bass & my Takamine guitar fits in there too. Best of both World's, same case fits Acoustic Bass & Acoustic Guitar - Less home Clutter. (not together of couse !!)

7. Engine207

Engine207 Losing faith in humanity...one call at a time.

Jul 10, 2008
    Higley, AZ