Acoustic Feedback Issue (much better!)

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by mrcbass, Dec 4, 2017.

1. mrcbass

mrcbass

Jan 14, 2016
    Sacramento, CA
    HI all,

This is probably not a big secret here, but I've not stumbled across any discussions about it. I've been using an acoustic fretless in my jazz project. Most of the time it produces a really cool sound, approaching a DB, but I constantly fight with a booming feedback in a couple of tonal ranges and the tonal range can be different on any given day or location, so it' been a bit frustrating. Have not been able to play it with the band without fear that the booming feedback will occur when I try to sustain a note. Sometimes I can EQ it out, but not always.

I picked up an acoustic sound hole cover this weekend and man what a difference. I can still get feedback but I have to really try. I was able to increase my volume, choose affects and adjust my EQ to what I want (not just what worked) and play with out fear at rehearsal yesterday. There was no obvious detrimental affect on the sound - would recommend this $11 solution to anyone who fights with this issue.

MakoMan and s0c9 like this.
  2. s0c9

s0c9 Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ft.Worth/Dallas
    1964 Audio artist, Fractal Audio Beta Tester
    It's the SAME problem that acoustic guitars with an open soundhole have to address.
    It WILL vary from room to room and even atmospheric conditions like humidity.
    Good to see it was a cheap, simple solution :)

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021