Acoustic Guitar woopsies

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Figjam, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I was changing the strings on my Ibanez acoustic guitar, and the saddle peg broke in half. The bottom half is stuck in the hole,and i cant get it, or the string out. I have replacement pegs,... bc these ones were gettin brittle, but how am i suposed to replace it if i cant get it out? Any ideas how to get it out?
  2. Figgy, I'm gonna help you...out of the kindness in my heart...but if you EVER bring another g****r question into this forum, I will personally see to it that you'll be giving celebrity bikini waxes for time in memorial. I think Jim Carey just got out of the showers and I heard Goldberg is on his way in.:eek:

First, is your hand small enough to get it in the soundhole? If it is, you can wiggle in a short piece of coathanger wire and push the peg out from behind. If you can't get in there, you might be able to do this same sort of thing without your hand in there.

If there is some string still attached to the bridge, you can wrap that around a pair of pliers and see if you can wiggle out the pin in that way.

Only as a last resort should you get out the drill.
  3. Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA

this happened to me recently when i tried to change the strings on my knock-around acoustic. i used my allenwrench that i usually use for action setup on my bass bridge to pry it out. i put it where the gap for the string is. as always careful not to break anything when you jimmy it out :D good luck