Acoustic head and cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Gut_Implosion, Oct 24, 2004.

1. Alright, here's the thing, my friend some time ago found out that his dad had an Acoustic bass amp just sitting in his garage :eek: , and i figure, since his dad no longer even has a bass, perhaps he'd be willing to sell it off for a "good" "cause" (me *laughing devil guy*). I was just wondering if there were any Acoustic conniseurs or anybody who knows about 'em more than I do who could tell me if it would be worth buyin' it off him. I could probably get him to sell it pretty cheap if he's willing to let me take it off his hands, but what would be a reasonable price for an Acoustic head and cabinet, not sure of the model of either, but I can easily find out sometime this week. So if anyone can give me ANY review of ANY Acoustic brand heads & cabs, I'd appreciate it mucho.

:D No such thing as too much equipment, even though it might pale in comparrison to my pride & joy (I <3 my Mesa :) ), I wouldn't mind having it around.
  2. BTW, I know the cab has a bunch of different sized drivers in it, looks sorta Hi-Fi-ish.
  3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
  4. Nice! I hear those things are heavy though, so get ready!

Feb 28, 2004
    I've been playing bass for 30 yrs. I owned an Acoustic 146 set up. It was a 125 watt solid state head and a 2 x 15 cab.
    I regret that I sold it! It was an amazing rig. If your dad's rig is in working order, buy it! Acoustic was one of the biggest names in amplifier in the 70's. It was right up there with Ampeg and Sunn.
    However, if you plug it in and the head does not work properly, it will be difficult to find parts. Acoustic 360 is a website that still does sell replacement parts.
    Good Luck
    Lefty Len