Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Acoustic Ibanez Anyone?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by EvilBassPlayer, Mar 22, 2002.

1. I was wondering, Ibanez also handles an acoustic bass product line, I've never listened the sound or comments about it, someone has a reference of how good (or bad) this acoustic Ibanez basses are?

Thanks TB people!

EBP

2. Wxp4759cb

Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I've played it. Its a pretty nice acoustic. It is really brite, and has some bite. It doesn't produce alot of lows. It sounds pretty nice through an amp. The closet thing soundwise I can think of is those new funky ibanez basses with the piezos.

3. Wxp4759cb

Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    DEFINANTLY try it out before you buy one though! It sounds good, but it has a distinct tone that some may not like.

4. Thanks Chris, the only acoustic i've played was a Beta 4 strings, never a 5 and/or Ibanez so I wanted some opinions because my aknowledge about acoustic it's very limited.

EBP - Rockin' in the pop thingy!:D

5. Can`t comment too much the sound as I am not a big acoustic bass fan but the ones I tried felt really nice and seemed to be fairly well constructed.I only got to play one briefly and that was unplugged.:p

6. How did it project? The main compaint that i've heard about most ABGs is that they aren't lound enough to play with an acoustic guitar. In a related topic: Why are a lot of ABGs short scale (29-32")? It seems like a full scale would help the sound a lot, especially the projection.

7. Wxp4759cb

Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    If the guitar player isn't beating the thing, and you are in a small venue it'd probably be ok. I think its ment to be amped though. Have a guitar player go with you when you try it and find out. I only played one by myself in a store.