Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Acoustic Image and Epifani

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassinstincts, Jul 19, 2004.

1. bassinstincts

bassinstincts

Jul 7, 2004
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Acoustic Image
    Just gigged for the first time with my new Epifani T112ULs and Acoustic Image Focus. This is a great combination. Light in weight, small in size, but very big in sound--open, upfront, and accurate. A big presence without sounding "loud". I was blown away.

2. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    cool!

what kind of bass did you use? what kinda of music? what other instruments were in the group? how was the Low B action?

hopefully, my Epifani 1x12 pair will get in soon, so i too can sing the praises. :cool:

3. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Yes, how was the b string? What kind of amp have you been
    using? Did it have enough reserve power to get loud if needed? The epi 112 is a little power hungry. The focus has
    300 watts @ 8ohms. Is it enough? Tell us damn it! TELL US!!
    If you're going to post, we're going to suck the details out
    of you.

4. bassinstincts

bassinstincts

Jul 7, 2004
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Acoustic Image
    No B string. Was using a passive Reverend 4 string. But I have no doubt that the two 112s would have handled low B.
    The Epis are actually very efficient. I had tried driving my previous Acme single 10s (which are power hungry) with the Focus and, while it sounded good, it didn't rise to the occasion like it did with the 112s. Because it was a blues gig (guitar, drums, bass, sax, and trombone) and a dead room, I wanted an extra phat sound...so I stuck the Bass Xciter on the front end, although I had to really use it carefully. Sooo much bottom end. I have since tried (at home) the AI/Epifani combo with my Rob Allen, Bolin, and Ernie Ball basses (all active, but none with Low B). They seem to eliminate any need for the stomp box). Will test the theory on another gig Thursday.

5. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Someone beat you to this rig! Oh, the humanity!

How were the Puertoriccenas? Mi esposa es de Dominican Republic, pero ahora vive en West Virginia conmigo. (Much to her chagrin).

Will

6. bassinstincts

bassinstincts

Jul 7, 2004
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Acoustic Image
    Forgot to mention, with the Acme's had been using a BBE Bassmax preamp with a Stewart World 1.6. Both now sold and not missed.

7. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Ooohh the humanity! Ooohh the G.A.S.!!