1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Acoustic Image Customer Service????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tappingtrance, Mar 28, 2006.

1. tappingtrance

tappingtrance Cooke Harvey Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2005
    I have one of the first acoustic image contras [s/N 00035]. It has been a great little combo, very realistic sound for the upright or practice amp for electric bass.
    So, I am on a gig and the woofer stops woofing and all I am getting is sound through the 5". So I finish the gig playing real acoustic [now I know what those old cats went through for decades! ]
    Anyway I have called numerous times [had to leave messages] emailed directly and emailed through their site and have not received one response about getting it fixed. No one has returned the calls or emails - possibly the worst service I have ever had - and I have had some lousy experiences.
    Is it me or is there some trick to getting these guys on the horn?
    Thanks - in distress!:rollno:

2. Literally everything I've ever heard about the customer service is amazing. Something must be going on (maybe they are closed on Monday or their email server is down). I would try again right now. This gear seems very sturdy, so you don't get the massive number of 'great customer service' posts like with some other 'popular' brands on TB :)rollno: ).

Most of the customer service posts I've read over on the DB side are similar to yours, a head or speaker that fails after long use. Anyway, I'm sure they will take care of you.

K

3. tappingtrance

Jul 27, 2005
    Yeah, it seems so out of character for this company - yet I have tried multiple times over the last several months. I will however keep trying - thanks

4. Over several MONTHS? Something is definitely not right there. I've only called once to ask a quick question about the notch filter, and the guy who actually makes the amps answered the phone!

Good luck.

K

5. bassjam

bassjam Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2004
    dfw
    Lakland Basses, G&L Basses, Genzler Amplification
    im not sure what number you are dialing but i have called them a few times lately and i have always reached someone.last month the notch filter push button went out.i called and and got through no problem.i sent it back,they fixed it in one day and two day aired it back.i was without it for a week total.i cant say enough about their customer service.

6. tappingtrance

Jul 27, 2005
    Thanks to you all - I got a call from Rick and it is all taken care of. I have no idea what the isseu was through emails and left messages on that number but suffice it to say the Customer Service rocks based on the call I had today!.

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Good to know all is well in AI land. I may be buying a Focus soon, so this thread had me concerned as I started reading it.

-Mike